Project DetailsVezi galerie foto
IoT and Smart Cities are driving the digital transformation. uiTOP Platform is a flexible IoT orchestration platform that enables the management and control of the constantly increasing number of connected devices independent of the connectivity technologies used in the diverse and complex infrastructure of the Smart City (e.g. 3G, 4G, LoRa, LTE-M, NB-IOT, ZigBee).
The most unique features that differentiate Intrarom’s platform are:
- command & control;
- advanced data visualization dashboards;
- advanced device grouping and filtering;
- customized alarms;
- notifications and reports;
- cross-domain applications enablement.
In order to support the local market while being fully compliant with privacy protection legislation, the provided solution implements anonymous counting of mobile devices passing by, which is of relevance for local businesses and shops (e.g. better planning of opening hours) or for municipality (e.g. more efficient lighting calendars or security measures). This kind of information can be consolidated in a marketplace portal operated by the City Hall. Citizens/enterprises may subscribe to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) modules and applications which are available on this storefront and offered in the frame of a Smart City solution.
Through Bluetooth sensors attached to the Smart Lighting Poles, the uiTOP platform can distribute Informative, marketing and/or entertainment materials to the citizens and visitors of Alba Iulia. The relative material can be easily and indefinitely updated according to city/enterprise’s needs (city maps, shop promotions, touristic attractions etc.). Reports and graphs concerning the push content frequency per specific time window are automatically generated.
Technical specificationsVezi galerie foto
The solution uses secure and private M2M networks and implements highest encryption for sending data.
uiTOP – generic information: uiTOP is based on the micro service architecture, which caters for modularity, scalability and versatility needed to meet at the maximum the very demanding requirements of Smart City – IoT projects.
The platform can be deployed either on premises or in cloud infrastructure supporting as well the Platform-as-a-Service model.
uiTOP is totally vendor and connectivity agnostic, therefore supports multiple connectivity options for versatile and expandable smart ecosystems. In the Smart Parking solution for example, 4G, ZigBee and LoRa sensors can be controlled under the same Smart City uiTOP platform.
Some of the uiTOP key characteristics and differentiators are listed below:
- Web based interface accessible from any PC or smart device;
- Role based access control;
- Designed for high performance based on micro service architecture;
- Decoupling business from technology;
- No device vendor lock;
- Multiple connectivity options;
- Ready to accommodate new smart apps and devices allowing for vertical and cross-domain applications enablement;
- Architected for scale to cater for the ever increasing demand for IoT expansion;
- Fully customized to address specific IoT and Smart City needs – option to integrate the solution with existing IoT systems and devices;
- New business models and monetization options enablement;
- Core and optional modules, enabling flexible pay-as-you-grow policies.
Optional Marketing modules:
- Detection and Reporting based on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth;
- iBeacon & Eddystone content push.
All hardware (except small antennas) incorporated into Smart Light casing:
- No additional visual impact.
- No additional installation effort.
- Connectivity: 4G, Wi-Fi, Ethernet;
- WLAN: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 B/G/N, 2.4 GHz for connectivity (max. 6 additional networks);
- Bluetooth 4.1, BLE;
- GNSS: GPS L1 band (CDMA 1575.42 MHz);
- GLONASS L1 Band (FDMA 1602MHz);
- UMTS: Micro Sim slot;
- RTC: Battery buffered;
- Internal interfaces: USB, UART, Ethernet;
- Stand-by consumption: 2.7 W (without sensors);
- Ambient temperature range: -20°C to +65°C.
The Unified IoT Orchestration platform (uiTOP) implements a horizontal IoT layer that enables management and control of Intelligent Things from different vertical domains such as Smart Lighting, Smart Parking, Waste Management and Noise Monitoring, Smart Home, Smart Health, Transport, Logistics, Energy and Utilities. uiTOP leverages powerful open APIs enabling the communication with a wide range of sensors and devices as well as smart applications.
The Unified Management & Control environment provides aggregated and insightful information related to smart assets, allowing for full monitoring & control.
- Edge2core IoT approach from the device up to the application layer via a future-proof platform, offering multiple connectivity options.
- Minimum dependency on legacy silo vertical solutions.
- No device vendor lock.
- Decoupling business from technology.
- Smart apps enablement environment, allowing for generation of new revenue streams.
- Minimization of OPEX by improving operational efficiency and reducing time-to-market.
- Decision making capabilities through insightful data analysis.
The optional Marketing modules can boost Alba Iulia’s digital marketing services in the field of smart tourism. It also provides a secure local infrastructure to share useful information with citizens and visitors. Marketing actions can be better designed and aimed at times and places where the maximum impact can be achieved.
The solution turns lights into profitable multi-purpose devices and increases the asset values – existing street lights turn into a strategic communication network in smart cities, day and night.