Project DetailsVezi galerie foto
The cybersecurity solution proposed by certSIGN company consists in using SSL Web server certificates, which will secure the websites in the administration of the municipality and sites of institutions that are administrative of the Alba Iulia City Hall. Each SSL certificate issued will be stored on the same server on which the site is hosted. In this way, it is desirable to ensure secure access to all those who wish to interact online with local public administration portals thus providing the guarantee that the exchange of information is an encrypted one and the site visited is one Authentic.
The CertSIGN solution does not require updates of existing infrastructure at the level of Alba Iulia City Hall or the purchase of hardware/software products. CertSIGN provides the Alba Iulia manuals for generating CSR (certificate signing request) and installing certificates on SSL Web server.
SSL certificates or security certificates are cryptographic protocols that are designed to secure the exchange of information on the Internet. SSL is the abbreviation of Secure Sockets Layer and is a secure protocol in transmitting information between a Web server and the user’s browser, created by Netscape in 1994.
SSL certificates or security certificates are used to secure:
- personal data;
- information about bank cards;
- information that is wanted to remain private;
The certificate is assigned to a Web address and installs on the server it belongs to. Thus, the information sent by the user is encrypted and decrypted by the server, so that it can be read only by the two (user and server), thus blocking the attacker’s access to the data provided.
Photo sources: https://www.monstergrips.com; https://www.instantssl.com; Https://foxutech.com.
Technical specificationsVezi galerie foto
Web server certificates are cryptographic protocols that are designed to secure the exchange of information on the Internet with the following features:
- Complies with the ITU X. 509 v3 format;
- Comply with SSL v3/TLS v1 standards;
- Allow symmetric encryption on 256 bits.
The use of SSL Web server certificates issued by certSIGN brings benefits both among citizens and among the authorities, as follows:
- Visitors to the city’s administration websites are assured that these are legitimate and secure pages;
- Visitors are assured that the information displayed is truthful and the data they complement online and transmit them to the server are protected by encryption-each time a visitor fills in a Web form on the site, sends data to the server Hosting. They can be intercepted if they are not encrypted;
- The connection between the visitor and the site is encrypted and cannot be intercepted by an attacker;
- Optimize search engine Site – HTTPS encryption plays an important and direct role in the Google search algorithm.