Project DetailsVezi galerie foto
One of the priority directions of Romania’s Digital Agenda is the development of IT&C technologies, with the aim of facilitating the learning process in Romania and implicitly stimulating innovation and long-term economic growth.
From this perspective, it is necessary to ensure adequate infrastructure in schools and digitize the educational content for the development of the digital capabilities of pupils and teachers by promoting the “Learning together” system.
The project developed by Orange, together with partner SoftSchool-startup from Cluj Napoca, awarded by Orange in the final Demo Day of innovation Labs 2017, consists in the introduction to the National College “Horea, Closca and Crisan” and The Economic College “Dionisie Pop Martian” in Alba Iulia of a digital class solution, consisting of applications that allow teachers an interactive way of teaching, as well as access to online content (manuals and a multimedia library), delivered through a dedicated portal, ensuring that pupils can interact in class and also use for their individual home study.
SoftSchool is an online platform that has been created with the aim of streamlining both day-to-day school activities and effective communication with parents and enhancing the transparency of the Educational Act.
The digital-class solution needs Internet access, supplied by Orange in the pilot project Alba Iulia Smart City, and has online security services for the virtual catalogue offered. Thus, any parent can know the school’s situation of his child and can communicate much easier with teachers.
The components of the digital-class solution are:
- Digital catalog;
- Tablets for teachers;
- Secure WiFi connectivity
On the basis of the Internet Security platform, supplied by Orange, web traffic filtering elements have been introduced to various types of content and applications for differentiated Internet access, by categories of users (pupils, teachers and parents).
Orange also made identification of IT applications and available databases (other electronic catalogue components, automatic notification modules for pupils and/or parents) that could be integrated with digital class applications .
Activating digital class applications and performing trainings related to the didactic staff using these applications in the teaching act, were completed prior to the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year, at which time Orange endowed the two colleges with 120 tablets 2 in 1 (laptop + tablet) Lenovo MIIX 320 for the professors.
Technical specificationsVezi galerie foto
The SoftSchool platform is structured in 4 main modules for the specific activities of educational institutions:
- Recording all the data necessary for its operation (teachers, classes, pupils, timetable, etc.);
- Create individual user accounts for all teachers, pupils and parents who belong to the school;
- Unlimited number of SMS;
- Extraction and export of data on school situations, reports for the school inspectorate, etc.
Other technical Specifications:
- .net Technologies-based platform;
- Architecture designed to ensure the scalability of the platform;
- Cloud Datacenter in Azure with guaranteed uptime 99.99%;
- Security guaranteed by DNS and CDN insured by Cloudflare;
- TLS 1.2 for data transfer security;
- Encrypting login and database data.
- Opportunity to receive an interactive teaching mode;
- Access to interactive content (manuals and multimedia library);
- Digital opportunities for the individual home study;
- Project management “Week otherwise”;
- Management of offers and programs of extra-curricular-possibility of choice by vote;
- Enrolment to out-of-school and extracurricular programs and activities;
- Management and promotion of school events: Freshman ball, excursions, etc.;
- Encouraging and organizing constructive extracurricular activities: sports competitions, dance, study groups, etc.;
- “Talent Hunting”: publication of courses, tests and internships by partners from the private environment;
- Transparent publication of tenders adjacent to the educational process: graduation offers, excursions and promotions, choice being made transparent by a voting system (by parents and/or pupils), reducing the presence of economic agents in Institution
- Taking over and managing the relationship between economic agents and parents, eliminating the need for his teacher postmaster to raise money from students. This also reaches the fiscal aspects of transactions between agents and parents and practicing the right price for promoted services and products.
- Pupils ‘ timetable;
- The possibility of online visualization of notes and absences;
- Notifications via email and SMS weekly, in connection with children’s school situation;
- Graphs of student evolution;
- Real-time notifications to parents via mail and SMS (with observations, absences, invitations to parent meetings, etc.);
- Possibility to view and vote on offers of services offered by third parties such as: Photo albums for end of cycle or for other occasions, supplies, etc.;
- Extra-curricular constructive activities (sports, dances, study groups, etc.).
For didactic management:
- Generating documents from Teachers ‘ folders and Diriginţilor: planning, reports on initial evaluation;
- Generation of Evaluation and Quality Assurance documents and teaching methods committees;
- Generation of school situations and statistics in real time: monthly absence report, report on the rhythmicity of notes, end-of-semester situations and the possibility of transmitting them to the school inspectorate;
- Class master module with the student database;
- Generator of reports and situations;
- The teacher’s notebook with the possibility of sharing notes about pupils;
- School Schedule Generator;
- Secretariat module: generating certificates, diplomas, statistical situations, monthly calculation of hours for hourly payment, calculation of seniority, scholarship situation, situation of social cases, register of pattern of presence based on the planning of teachers and schedule
- The possibility of the inspectorate to extract reports from the educational establishments, with their consent;
- Disciplinary Committee mode: notes on behaviour, notice, automatic notification of parents, sending a student to the Commission via the software, with automatic notification of the parties involved.
Online Catalog Benefits:
- The possibility of viewing and placing notes and absences online;
- Real-time notification via SMS and email;
- Notification of critical absence thresholds;
- Class situations for class masters;
- The situations present at the end of the catalogue and reporting at the end of the semester;
- Automatic calculation of the averages according to the specifics of each discipline according to the provisions of Framework Regulation for the Organization and Operation of Pre-university Education Establishments;
- Notifying parents of the school situation at a weekly level;
- End-of-semester notification on the conclusion of average notes;
- The possibility of visualizing the evolutionary graphs for each matter;
- Individual access for pupils, parents, teachers, form masters, executives, secretaries with separate prerogatives for each category;
- Presentation of situations not recorded in the classic catalogue: results of initial evaluation, results in contests and Olympics, awards, exam tests, etc.
Benefits on the communication involving teachers-pupils-parents:
- Improving and managing internal communication directly into the platform;
- Intra-institutional communication: teachers, form Masters, directors, secretaries, committees, etc.;
- Inter-instituţionalî communication: directors, inspectors, committees, trainers, CCD, etc.;
- Communication with the beneficiaries of the education system: pupils and parents;
- Invitations to meetings with parents;
- Notifications of various types;
- Notification system for teachers and pupils: the rhythmicity of notes, second examination alerts, critical absence thresholds;
- Schedule change notification;
- Real-time notifications via mail and SMS: can be sent to parents if software is used during classes.