Project DetailsVezi galerie foto
Smart City is an important initiative both globally and at EU level, the main challenge facing the public sector being to respond to opportunities that a “smart city” brings by quantifying new technologies as support For various services: Smart parking/transport, smart lighting, water measurement, waste management, environmental monitoring.
Smart City solutions are explored in Horizon 2020 Phase 2 research and innovation projects, being considered one of the main 5g developments.
Orange România, one of the main suppliers of Smart City solutions to Alba Iulia City Hall, is involved in two European projects H2020 Phase 2-MATILDA & SLICENET, where he works alongside a European consortium of industry partners and academia for defining the new 5g architecture that is based on virtualization and “software” infrastructure. A main benefit is the automation of the implementation and maintenance of Smart City verticals.
Alba Iulia City Hall is part of the Advisory Council within the SLICENET project, where it contributes with feedback/business requirements to be considered when the 5g architecture is defined. It also validates the important deliverables of this European project.
Technical specificationsVezi galerie foto
In the two European Horizon 2020 Phase 2 projects, Orange is working on developing a smart public lighting solution based on a 5g network comprising three levels:
- The level of application (Market Place) – developed under the Matilda project;
- The level of orchestration – developed jointly in the two European projects;
- Virtualized infrastructure level – developed within the SLICENET project.
- The city of Alba Iulia is part of the Consultative Council of the European project H2020 Phase 2 SLICENET. Thus it contributes with feedback and business requirements that are taken into account in the development of 5g technology;
- Access to “state of the art” solutions developed within the framework of research projects that can be implemented in Alba Iulia;
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies and their aplications in digital solutions developed for citizens.